Order Terms and Conditions
MINIMUM ORDER - $100 for each & every order/shipment within the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico. Orders under $100 will not be processed. All goods purchased must be for resale either as loose pieces or components to finished jewelry or crafts for adult use. Arizona residents are required to mail or fax us a copy of a valid Arizona State resale license as well as Form 5000 with first order. We request a resale license number from businesses in other states though it is not required. International orders must meet additional terms shown below.
7:30am – 4:00pm MST (AZ)
Monday through Friday
Please note that our Prescott, AZ warehouse is not open to the public
We answer phones, texts, emails and Live Chat online during these business hours.
TEXT MESSAGING - You can now text message us at 800-528-0535. Be sure to include your name and customer number in each and every text message. You can text STOP anytime to block text messages from us. We will confirm all text messages received during business hours. If you do not hear back from us, please text again. Sometimes SMS messages go astray.
EMAIL - Please include your name and customer number or order number in all correspondence so we can associate your email with an account or transaction. Please send email orders as text, not attachments. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your order during business hours. If not, your order was lost in cyberspace, please send it again!
PLACING YOUR ORDER
By placing an order, you agree to all our Terms & Conditions.
- TURNAROUND TIME – FedEx orders finalized before noon (M.S.T.) will almost always be shipped the same day. However, shipment turnaround time will depend on daily order volume. We prioritize shipments via FedEx air services to expedite delivery. USPS Mail shipments will ship within one business day. If we cannot get in touch with you or if we have a question about your order it will delay your shipment. Please provide valid phone, text and email information with your orders!
- CRITICAL ITEMS - If an item is crucial to your order, please let us know so we can check for availability. Please also request a call back so the order does not ship without "the one thing you really needed." Call backs may delay your order if we cannot get in touch with you.
- AVAILABILITY - We can offer availability information at the time of your order. This is the best information we have available based on inventory levels in our computer system. However, there is no guarantee. Computer inventory levels can be inaccurate due to product weight conversions and other factors.
- ORDER ADDITIONS - Order additions will only be accepted within one business day of your original shipment. Additions must total at least $10. If your original order has already been processed, the addition will be shipped and invoiced separately and you will be responsible for the additional postage. Cut off time is noon. Add-ons shipped separately will not be eligible for shipping discounts.
- BACKORDERS - We will only backorder items when you specifically ask us to do so at the time of your order. There is a $30 per item minimum on backorders and you are responsible for shipping costs. We will reserve stock for a max of 4 business days after you are notified that backorder items have arrived. You will be charged the market price on the date of shipment of your backordered merchandise. As an alternative, you can request to receive an email when an item is back in stock through our automated stock arrival notification system. This program will not reserve inventory for you, but will alert you once an item is available so you can place an order. Please note that you will receive the quantity break based on your original order quantity on backorder shipments even though the automated shopping cart system will show the break based on the backorder quantity remaining. We update pricing when we import into our internal computer system. Our apologies for this discrepancy, we are working to fix it.
- PRICE CHANGES - Products made from gold or silver alloys are priced based on daily commodity markets as described under the sub-heading Market Based Metals Pricing. We reserve the right to change prices without notice to correct errors, adjust for manufacturer price changes, or adjust for currency fluctuations on imported items.
- MAXIMUM DISCOUNT - We offer our maximum discount on orders over $2,000. These orders receive the best price break on all items, regardless of the individual quantities. You still must order in standard pack sizes and you must request this discount before placing your order. Each order must be over $2,000 to qualify for the discount. Please contact customer service for details.
- CHAIN POLICIES - All chain footage is sold in minimum quantities of 12 inches unless otherwise noted. However, we will use segments 7 inches or longer to fulfill your order unless you specifically request larger pieces. On longer lengths, we cannot guarantee continuous footage since all chain factories join segments when spooling. We will not re-spool to check for factory segmenting. We may need to get in touch with you on footage chain orders to get instructions if we only have segments remaining. Please provide a day time phone number.
- BULK WIRE POLICIES – Minimum quantity for bulk jewelry wire is 1 ounce per stock number for most metals, or ½ ounce per stock number for gold-filled. Wire orders are filled using pieces weighing at least .25 ounces. We cannot always guarantee one continuous length for the entire amount ordered. It is difficult to precisely weigh small wire coils before making a cut from the larger coil; therefore, please expect plus or minus 10% variance from the precise weight you request. Variance may be more on small cuts.
- WIRE CUTTING SERVICE – The first cut will cost 50 cents and each additional cut is 75 cents. These fees cover the labor intensive process of coiling and weighing wire.
- LATE ORDER CANCELLATIONS – May incur a 10% restocking fee to cover order preparation and return labor.
- CREDIT CARD DATA – Please note that we no longer store credit card data at Halstead and we can only view part of your credit card data. The rest is stored by fully complaint, secure national processors. This is for the safety of your personal information and to ensure that we meet the highest standards of data security.
- FRAUD PREVENTION – We reserve the right to require additional identity confirmation documentation prior to processing orders. We also reserve the right to request payment by bank transfer instead of credit card if we cannot adequately verify card ownership. This is for cardholder protection. Thank you for your patience.
We close for major US holidays. We also close for approximately two weeks every year from just before Christmas until the first business day in January. Please plan your ordering accordingly. During holiday closures, we apply the fix rates from the business day prior to close to all orders received over the closure period.
Orders shipped prepaid by credit card or debit card. We do not accept personal checks. Your card will be charged at the time of shipment for the contents of the parcel. You are not charged for shorted quantity or items on backorder.
Credit Cards - We proudly accept Visa, Discover & Mastercard. We must have the name that appears on the card, the billing address, and the 3-digit "Security Code" number found on the back of the card in order to process charges. We cannot legally store credit card information; therefore, we will need to collect card details with every order. Declined credit cards will delay your order since we will need to contact you for an alternate card.
We diligently screen orders for suspicious activity. We reserve the right to request additional documentation in order to verify identity and card authenticity. These extra security steps are for cardholder protection. Also note that we do not store credit card data anywhere at Halstead
SHIPPING COSTS – We are a wholesale supplier. The rate of annual shipping fee increases is rapidly outpacing inflation and most other operating costs. "Free shipping" is never really free. We do not offer free shipping because we do not want to inflate our prices 10% to account for the additional expense of outbound freight. Instead, we pass on our best possible negotiated shipping rates and insurance fees so that businesses can choose the carriers they prefer while still accurately tracking inventory and freight expenses. Or, you are welcome to give us your FedEx shipping number so you can book shipping expenses directly on your account. We only offer free or discounted shipping options on select orders one time per year during the week of Thanksgiving. INSURANCE & RESHIPMENT - Once packages leave our building, they are the responsibility of the shipping provider you choose. However, we fully insure all packages via third party insurance and will handle any loss or damage claims. We cannot ship replacements for lost merchandise without payment according to our normal terms.
CUT-OFF TIMES - Fedex orders received and finalized before noon MST will usually ship the same day. USPS orders received before 9am will usually ship the same day, but it is not guaranteed because USPS pick-up times vary significantly. Mondays during the months October-December are high volume days so cut off time may be earlier. Get urgent orders in first thing in the morning or please order Tuesday-Friday!
Order filling and shipping transit times do not include weekends and holidays.
Unclaimed or return-to-sender parcels will be assessed a 10% restocking fee, plus shipping charges.
Heavy orders will be split into 70lb. packages. We will not ship packages over this weight for the safety of our employees. Thank you for understanding.
FedEx charges a fee for address corrections in transit. If you enter a typo on your cart order you will be responsible for any assessed address correction fee.
SHIPPING PRICE OPTIONS – Please note that shipping costs vary based on package weight, size, zip code and value so you may see different rates from order to order. In general, USPS priority mail is the best option for low value packages under 2lbs but it quickly becomes more expensive as weight and value increase. USPS has limited tracking and delivery time guarantees so it is not recommended for urgent shipments or higher value packages. FedEx is your best choice for all higher value shipments and packages over 2lbs. Tracking and delivery guarantees are excellent. Canadian & Puerto Rican customers are best served by USPS but all other international shipments must ship via FedEx.
FedEx now charges "dimensional weight" based on package size on both ground and express services. Dimensional weight applies on packages that are larger than a shoe box, approximately. It is mostly an issue for Y series packaging and X series tool orders.
SIGNATURE REQUIREMENTS – If you request that a package be left on a doorstep without a signature you may waive your declared value insurance coverage. Please arrange for delivery at a location with a person present. Signatures are mandatory for packages valued over $1,000.
FedEx and USPS have varying policies and procedures for when they require a signature for delivery and when they do not. However, it is important to note that both carriers ultimately give final discretion to your specific delivery driver regardless of whether you have paid for a signature/no signature designation. This discretion is the policy of the carriers and we do not have influence over their procedures.
Ground transit time map provided by FedEx.
Weather delays – FedEx does not guarantee transit times when significant storms delay flights anywhere in the transit pipeline. Please be aware that even if it is sunny in Florida one of the FedEx hubs may be having an ice storm.
We will always accept returns that meet the following requirements; otherwise, they will be returned to sender:
- Goods must be returned within 30 calendar days of receipt.
- Goods must be accompanied by customer number, invoice number & date. A copy of the invoice is very helpful.
- Goods must be in sorted & in original condition. Used goods will not be accepted. We will not sort and identify mixed bags of stock.
- Goods must be safely packed in a box or heavily padded mailer to protect the merchandise. We do not accept goods damaged in return shipping. We will automatically reject any returns received in regular envelopes. These returns are logged and will not be accepted if they are mailed to us again in different packaging.
- Some products may not be returned. These items have notations and include some tools.
- Precious metal items will be credited for the invoiced price regardless of market pricing when the return is received.
- There will be no processing fee on returns that meet these terms.
- House account credits unclaimed for 24 months after issue date will expire. Please use your credit promptly.
- Customer is responsible for return shipping charges.
Returns will be processed and credited within 5 business days of receipt. Please send returns that meet these criteria to:
6650 Intercal Way
Prescott, AZ 86301
Please note that the following product variances are within normal manufacturing parameters. You may return any items according to our Returns Policy; however, these conditions will not be considered defects.
Cast metal items will vary in weight and thickness by approximately 10%.
Hole sizes of beads will vary plus or minus .2mm on small beads and .5mm on large beads (8mm and larger).
Tarnish and patina are naturally occurring by-products resulting from metals reactions with the air. Many environmental factors contribute to the speed of these processes. Tarnish can be removed with readily available metal cleaners.
Gold Filled finish colors will vary due to the different finishing processes used by manufacturers. Most items are near the industry standard "Hamilton" color; however, some items will be more yellow, tawny or darker in hue.
Gold Filled blanks and sterling silver SL, SU and SB prefix blanks are stamped or die struck. This type of manufacturing may leave light scratches on the surface.
All normal terms apply to International orders. However, there are also the following additions.
$250 MINIMUM ORDER. Please note that Canadian and Puerto Rican customers are not subject to additional minimum order amount.
DUTIES & TAXES - All international customers including Canada and Puerto Rico are responsible for the applicable importing duties, VAT, brokerage fees & taxes in their home countries. We recommend that customers consult with FedEx or a local customs broker prior to placing a first order. Customs will not allow you to refuse payment after items have cleared, even if you decide to return goods or reject delivery. Duties are obligatory regardless of the shipping method you choose.
CREDIT CARDS - We accept foreign Visa & Mastercard payments. We reserve the right to request photo identification and a charge authorization form as additional documentation. We also reserve the right to require payment via bank transfer.
BANK TRANSFERS - We accept payment via bank account wire transfer. The originating bank and any intermediary banks will assess processing fees on the wire that usually total between $30-$60 per transaction. Customers are responsible for these bank fees incurred during the transfer but we do not add any additional processing charges.
DIRECT SHIPPING – We will only ship directly to the following countries. Customers in some other countries may have orders directed to broker services in the United States or one of the countries listed in the terms section of our website.
|BRITISH VIRGIN IS||VG||NEW ZEALAND||NZ|
|CZECH REPUBLIC||CZ||PUERTO RICO||PR|
|FRENCH Polynesia & Tahiti||PF||SWEDEN||SE|
|HONG KONG||HK||TRINIDAD & TOBAGO||TT|
|IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF||IE||UNITED ARAB EMIRATES||AE|
|ISRAEL||IL||US VIRGIN ISLANDS||VI|
MARKET BASED METALS PRICING
Due to market volatility in gold and silver costs we use daily market based pricing for all precious metal merchandise. Prices published as a reference in the catalog are based on a $1,200 gold market and $16 silver market. These market prices were accurate when we finalized edits last November. Please note that metals have been extremely volatile in recent years. The website is updated with current pricing each day and is your best pricing reference.
The price we use is the prior business date’s London PM Fix Price for gold and Kitco New York Fix for silver. You can view a running history of daily fix prices at www.kitco.com. Due to time differences and the fact that we can only update system pricing during off-hours we will update prices each business day at approximately 5p.m. MST. Those prices will be valid on orders placed from that moment until the next business day at 5p.m. when prices are updated again. During holiday closures, we apply the fix rates from the business day prior to close to all orders received over the closure period.
Sales order pricing is effective on the business day the order is submitted into our internal system. If you have been working on a shopping cart order for several days or more, the prices will update when you confirm on the order review page with current pricing for your review prior to submitting the order. Please note that Customer Service only has access to current pricing. Current increment lists are available by request.
*Please note that SN prefix sterling items are updated every few months instead of daily.
SERVICIO EN ESPANOL
Servicio en espanol esta disponible solo por email email@example.com.
CHILDREN’S JEWELRY STATEMENT & PROP 65 WARNING
Components in this catalog and on our website are not intended for use in jewelry or craft products for children under the age of 12. Raw materials used in our collections may contain varying small amounts of lead and should not be included in children’s goods without further testing. Sterling silver is the only material we carry that is exempt from federal lead testing requirements for children’s goods. Moreover, jewelry components may also present choking hazards to very small children under the age of 6 and are particularly inappropriate in products for that age group.
Clients who choose to use our goods for children’s products against our advice are solely responsible for adherence to state and federal laws on testing, disclosure and product labeling.
STATE TAXATION LAWS
Legislation now varies state by state on documentation and taxation for supply purchases. Please note that you may be subject to compliance filing and/or use tax in your home state. We are happy to provide any documentation required for filing upon request; however, we are not responsible for transaction tax assessments by your state
We are compliant with AML requirements under the US Patriot Act. We maintain high standards of fraud screening and detection to protect our customers and credit card holders. We reserve the right to require additional documentation or payment via bank wire if an account is flagged for suspicious activity. We also reserve the right to decline any orders that we cannot sufficiently authenticate as legitimate business transactions.
ANTI-TARNISH TREATMENT & OXIDIZING SILVER
In this printed catalog, we have marked sterling silver items that are known to be treated with anti-tarnish spray, dip, or e-coating with the symbol AT. Most of these treatments are temporary and will have various efficacies depending on storage conditions, time since production, climate and air particulates in your area. These items are NOT guaranteed to resist tarnish for any amount of time. However, treated items will be resistant to after-market oxidation with liver of sulfur or other methods. We do not recommend attempting to oxidize these items. They may resist oxidation all together or yield poor, splotchy results.